New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Sunday, April 23, 2006

It doesn't end.

We're back in WA. I'm back online. I haven't posted here because I haven't known what to say. Cancer has... ravaged more lives in just the few weeks we've been here. My grief has taken on even more shades. I'm trying to relearn how to live in my own house with my husband. Life is good, and hard, and sad, and tiring.

I was very saddened and shocked to see that Amanda of . it's not just an astrological sign anymore
lost her husband. I just can't even imagine...

Soon after my Dad returned he called to tell me that our dear family friend, Larry, had been diagnosed with a Stage IV cancer of some type. They were still working to identify the primary. It was determined that he had kidney cancer and surgery was an option so that was scheduled for Good Friday.

I will spare you all the details, but Larry died in surgery. That was a blow to me and to many. Larry and his wife, Sarah were our most steadfast friends during Mom's illness. They have been steadfast friends of our whole family for a very long time. It's so unfair. All of this unfolded in less than a month.

This disease is diabolical. I KNOW There are survivors--those of you out there who are reading this. I NEED YOU to beat this. Please believe that you can and do it.

For the first time ever I understand why we, as Christians, say, "Come, Lord Jesus." The hurt, the wrongness, the destruction, the unimaginable unfairness must end. And that is the only way I believe that it will.

1 Comments:

  • At 10:46 PM, Blogger KinnicChick said…

    I've been hearing too many lately as well. But there are also good stories. You knew about Debutaunt, didn't you? Go here: http://www.debutaunt.com/archives/000896.php#000896 if you didn't. It's a good one. :)

    I'm so sorry about your friend. Our dear neighbor Lisa has a brain tumor that they didn't think they could do anything about but it is shrinking! There is another good story. It is now the size of a pencil eraser. Hang in there... There are also those of us fighting for all of you. Trying our hardest to raise funds and do the advocacy that's needed. *sigh* Hang on...

     

Post a Comment

<< Home