New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Monday, April 24, 2006

In regards to my last post

I said, "Please believe you can, and beat it." I want to go on the record as saying I do NOT mean that "attitude is everything" and "if you just have a positive attitude, you can beat cancer." That's bunk. That's hogwash. That's a guilt-addicted societies subtle way of placing blame on people battling a deadly disease. I apologize for my poorly chosen words.

What I DO mean is this: Seeing the losses I've seen devestates me. It makes me want to lose hope--in the beatability of cancer, in medical advances, sometimes (only sometimes) in the goodness of life. I can't imagine how it would be to be the one with the diagnosis of cancer and witnessing losses.

There is hope... there must be. And each person that continues to survive in the war against this beast is a beacon to me and to others that hope is still alive. For this, I thank you.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home