New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Monday, January 02, 2006

The Boards

For some time, I have been praying so hard for two of my favorite people over at the LCSC boards. (I will call them B and P) And B died yesterday. B was a valiant warrior... all the way through his struggle with cancer. He fought for every last moment of life with his family, every last drop of life, every last dripping of grace in this world. The love that P and B shared was amazing... simply amazing. It was (and indeed is) so strong that the words P types on the screen feel tangibly soaked with their love for one another. I simply ache for my friend P.

Another LCSC friend of mine, has found herself standing in shoes that are all too familiar to me. She has just had a little baby girl... and her Mom has just been referred to hospice.

The hurting and the ache that this disease causes to so many people is just too much to bear some days. I hate it. I wish by simply setting my being against it, I could somehow help to eradicate it...

For right now, I just hurt with and for my friends.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home