New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Wednesday, July 27, 2005

Constant Deciding

I haven't been in one place for more than a year since... well since High School if you count the back and forthing between college and my folks' house.

Now I face another location decision.

I came back to my parents' house to be with Mom and to help care for her.

Now Mom is gone.

Andy is on land for another month and a half. He is back from this last detachment and they're gearing up for the actual deployment now. I want to be with him while I can.

But... our apartment is gone and in storage. Staying in a hotel for a month would be REALLY expensive.

I think it would be worth it for C and I to be with my husband. Especially since this is our last opportunity to be with him before he is gone for a long time. It would be a comfort to be with him as I start getting serious about this grief stuff. It hurts to know that Mom is gone and that DH will be away soon too. Being with him while I can just seems like the right thing to do.

But can we justify spending that much when we have a pretty modest income as is? All the travelling we've had to do this year has strapped us a bit already.

Mom would tell me that it's only money. I know she would.

I just long for a boring year with no moves, no deaths, no catastrophes, and no drastic decisions needing to be made every month or so.

I miss Mom. A lot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home