New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Tuesday, July 19, 2005

Mom's Birthday

Today is Mom's new birthday.

She was born into eternal life this morning.

She is free now.

She died this morning, after Andy arrived, I believe, because she needed to see him again and know that he would be here to take care of me.

Carolyn knew immediately.

I miss her so much already.

4 Comments:

  • At 12:33 PM, Blogger Susan Rose Francois, CSJP said…

    I just found your blog via Songbird. Wow ... my prayers are with you and your family.

    My mom passed away in October 2003 after a long fight with cancer.

    Take all the time you need with this.

    Mom's death and illness made life seem like hell for so long. But there were so many blessings. I'm still discovering them almost daily.

    I miss my mom so much. And yet she's present to me now more than she ever was when she was alive 3,000 miles away.

    Take care.
    Susan

     
  • At 9:20 PM, Blogger Red said…

    Oh, V. I am so sorry to see this. I really thought that you had more time with her. She is now in peace and in comfort. She will be watching over you and most importantly your baby girl for eternity.

    My thoughts are with you and my heart goes out to you. Know that I am here for you and I am so sorry for your loss. You are a strong woman, mother and daughter. This, I know, your mother knew.

    Hugs and love to you and your family. Let me know if you need anything, even if just an ear!
    Red

     
  • At 10:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    My mom also died of lung disease, two months after I lost my love, my husband and father of my two kids to the 9/11 attacks. I'm so sorry for your loss, and pray God's comfort for you and those you love.
    No one can tell you how to grieve, or how long it takes. I pray the journey blesses you and am sorry for the pain you feel.
    Karyn

     
  • At 1:19 PM, Blogger ukok said…

    I'm so very sorry for your loss.

    God Bless and comfort you.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home