New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Sunday, April 10, 2005

Tomorrow

We will find out what track the doctor wants to take with Mom's treatment tomorrow. I'm anxious to find out where we're headed next.

I think the thing that is hardest right now is that Mom just sounds so depressed. She's frusterated that she just can't seem to have good days. I'm so sick... I actually get jealous of other cancer patients who ARE able to have good days... *sigh* This disease messes with you in funny ways.

I wish she didn't sound so hopeless. Today she was talking about the things they are getting to prepare for Carolyn to be there. When I was protesting that they were doing too much she said, "You're Dad is hoping to do this a few times over." And I said, "I hope you are hoping to as well." She started crying and said that she does... but it just sounds like she assumes that she won't.

And maybe that's reality. Maybe I am just whistling in the dark... But I can't let go of hope that we can beat this stuff yet. I just can't.

Well... if you read this, pray for my Mama.

3 Comments:

  • At 1:27 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    You all are in my prayers.

     
  • At 6:01 AM, Blogger Red said…

    Its ok to feel hope! She needs you to be strong and to believe that there is a way out of this. Its hard to fight alone so the more you feel that there is hope the more she has energy for is to fight.

     
  • At 10:28 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said…

    Prayers for sure. It does mess with you. The strange things you think and long for - I know exactly what you mean. Val, you are doing great - I hope you remember that.

     

Post a Comment

<< Home