New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Tuesday, April 26, 2005

Just Stuff

First of all... My friend, "Red" lost her Mama to the beast yesterday. I hurt so badly for her, and just hate this stuff so much. Please keep her in your thoughts and prayers.

This week is overwhelming. I'm preparing to get Chester, Carolyn, and I back to the midwest to be with Mom. I'm anxious and wanting it to hurry... Sad, and wanting it to take a long time. What I need to do is just be in now. We'll leave next Tuesday. Dad will be here on Friday to bring Chester and the car back.

I'm also excited that Mom and Dad will finally get to meet Carolyn. Why is it... that when I'm with one set of special people in my life, I have to be away from another. I am so happy they'll get to be with Carolyn, and so grateful that we'll both get to be with Mom... but I do not look forward to the ache of being away from Andy.

It's funny... It seems like I have lots of things in my life right now that are difficult for others to understand without having 'been there.' As I've said before, a lot of people do try, and some do a really nice job.... I certainly appreciate all the people who at least try... But it's so hard to answer questions first about the military and the oddness that it throws over our life, and now about Mom and her condition, that people just don't quite get. The two thrown together can just be so difficult. YES I'm excited to be with my folks, but that can't entirely cancel out my sadness over leaving my husband. People seem to forget that. And explaining the Det. vs. deployment issues is just tough too. It all boils down to... we spend a lot of time apart and it sucks.

So anyway... I guess I better get back to getting some of the stuff around here that needs done done.

Need to not be so gripey. Forgive my dumpingness, please.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home