New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Monday, April 18, 2005

Good Day

Mom had a good day today. She saw lots of people while her and Daddy were out, including a friend of ours who is in remission from Lung Cancer (Yeah for Terry and Glory to God!). Her treatment and doctors appointment didn't take too long, and her and Daddy went out to eat afterwards. They also, apparently went out and bought a baby swing for Baby C. to use at their house... *sigh* Bless their hearts.

Then she came home and had enough oomph for a walk around the yard to see the lilacs, and then even more for a talk on the phone to my aunt and a LONG phone call to Me. That's right, she called me and talked for quite a while. Gosh that felt so great. She was so excited to tell someone about her GOOD day. It's been so long since she's had one. And then she wanted to chat for a while about Carolyn.

I'm just so happy that she finally had a good day. Now if we can only find some more. Gotta take them one at a time though.

Thank you Jesus for this day!

1 Comments:

  • At 7:49 PM, Blogger Red said…

    Horray for your mom. I am very happy to hear that she isnt hiding and trying to do a few things. Even if it is to smell the lilacs in her yard.

    She talks to you for long periods because you ae her daughter. She loves you more than life itself. And..she loves that baby C even more. Those are the things that will keep her going. Tell her every sneeze and every coo hat little one does. Your mom will be very grateful for her involvement! Big hugs!

     

Post a Comment

<< Home