New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Tuesday, April 12, 2005

Bad Hair/Bad Perspective.

I must be completely out of whack perspective wise. I got my hair cut today. I don't like it. In fact... I think I hate it. It either looks bad or looks like I didn't have anything done (both because it looked bad before I had it cut... *sigh*).

Well so... I have enough going on right now that you'd think I'd be in perspective about this. You'd think I wouldn't cry over it because I can rationally say, "This could SO be worse..." But no. I've been down about it all day, and when Andy got home to see it I just burst into tears.

Stupid me... Pinning hopes on a darn haircut for so long. I had been looking forward to it for a few months and had built it way up and then it turned out lousy.

Why can't I take this with a grain of salt. It'll grow out.

But I really wanted to feel pretty for a little bit.

Yes... I know pretty isn't all that important in the long run.

And I cried over it. There are so many other things worth crying over or celebrating over right now and I'm blown off course by hair I don't like. Grrr.

1 Comments:

  • At 5:50 AM, Blogger Red said…

    I think this is some kind of hazing into motherhood. The same exact thing happened to me, but it wasnt until j was 3 months old that I got my hair cut. I cried for days about it and anyone else would have thought I was nuts. try not to let it get you down. You are a beautiful woman and I am sure Andy knows it well!
    Hugs

     

Post a Comment

<< Home