New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Saturday, April 23, 2005

e.e. cummings

i thank You God for most this amazingday:
for the leaping greenly spirits of treesand a blue true dream of sky;
and for everythingwich is natural which is infinite which is yes
(i who have died am alive again today,
and this is the sun's birthday;
this is the birthday of life and love and wings:
and of the gaygreat happening illimitably earth)
how should tasting touching hearing seeingbreathing any-lifted from the no
of all nothing-human merely being
doubt unimaginable You?
(now the ears of my ears awake and
now the eyes of my eyes are opened)

--e. e. cummings

I really like e. e. cummings, and this is my very favorite poem of his. It reminds me to drink in life.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home