New Way to be Human

Nov. 18 2004, my Mom was diagnosed with Stage IV Lung Cancer. I started this blog to chronicle her journey. July 19, 2005 she gave her life in the battle. This blog is my place to process through the journey I walked along with her, and now my journey through grief. It's also a place to discuss the effects cancer has on the lives it touches--survivors and caregivers alike. I'm a Navy wife, a Mom, and my mother's daughter now and forever.

Thursday, May 25, 2006

A Mom Memory

Some friends of ours just gave birth to a beautiful little guy, and I just scrolled through the photos on the hospital website to see his precious little wrinkly, newborn face.

That made me think of my Mama. When I was growing up, every couple of weeks our newspaper would run an ad for the maternity ward at one of the local hospitals. Mom would always yell, "Val! New babies, new babies!" and I'd rush over and we'd "Ooooo" and "Ahhh" over them.

Course neither of us were bashful. We both frequently made comments like, "That baby has a little Elvis lip." "Whoa.... That ones hairy!" and, "That kid is so ugly he's cute!"

Yeah. That's classic Mom. :) Loving little babies and telling it straight all in one moment.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home